For basketball fans, Las Vegas is the perfect backdrop for an over-the-top NCAA March Madness.
If you’re planning a trip to Las Vegas during March Madness and you are wondering how to get the most out of your experience, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’ll share essential details and tips for enjoying one of the biggest events in basketball – March Madness in Vegas 2022.
March Madness Men’s NCAA Tournament: When Is It?
In 2022, March Madness kicks off on March 13 with Selection Sunday. The dates for other events that are associated with the tournament include:
- First Four: March 15-16
- 1st/ 2nd Rounds: March 17 – 20
- Sweet 16: March 24 and March 25
- Elite 8: March 26 and March 27
- Final Four, National Championship: April 2 and April 4
March Madness – What to Expect
The 1st and 2nd Rounds, March 17 through the 20, are the most action-packed in Las Vegas. This is the time when most people flock to the city for March Madness events.
Some expectations to keep in mind:
- Casinos are packed and there will be lots of table action overall.
- Hotel prices will be much higher due to demand, so be sure to book early.
- Nightclubs will have longer lines and be more expensive overall.
- Casino sportsbooks will be packed very early, so if you want a seat get there early!
While the other dates of the tournament aren’t as eventful, the party atmosphere is still pretty impressive; even more so than the norm for Sin City.
During March Madness, Las Vegas turns into a haven for basketball enthusiasts and those who just like to gamble on the game, even if they aren’t avid fans of the sport. In fact, nearly 3 million people plan trips to the city during the month of March just so they can take part in the festivities.
If you happen to be in Vegas a week before, be sure to check out all the St. Patrick’s Day Festivities in Vegas.
March Madness Vegas Tips and Info
Here are some tips and info that will help you prep for your big trip so that you can get the most out of the experience:
- Link up with Social Media. If you want the latest updates on all of the happenings, take to social media. Check out Facebook, where you can find groups that are completely dedicated to March Madness in Las Vegas. Join one of these groups and you’ll have instant access to up-to-the-minute information on the biggest and best activities, live events, and much more. You can even find out the latest updates on the score, goings on at venues, and the wait time for sportsbook counters.
- Be prepared for crowds. There’s really no way to avoid big crowds during the month of March in Las Vegas; particularly during the first week of events. Opening day falls on St Patrick’s Day, which means there will be even more partygoers than you can imagine. Prepare yourself. Know that it’s going to be crowded and establish a plan. Keep tabs with social media to find out the latest details on the best places to watch, place bets, and grab food and drinks. Knowing the best spots to go – particularly if you are traveling with a group – will help you get the most out of the experience.
- Consider going off the Strip. While it’s definitely true that the Strip is THE place to be in Las Vegas any time, including March Madness, it’s not the only place to consider. If you’re trying to avoid crowds, consider heading off of Las Vegas Boulevard. The entire city is enthralled with the tournament, and you should be able to find some pretty awesome and lively (but way less crowded) spots off the Strip.
The Best Sportsbooks to Watch March Madness Games in Vegas
If you’re going to be placing wagers on the game, there’s no doubt that you’re going to want to head over to a sportsbook; and there are plenty to choose from in Las Vegas.
During March Madness, some of the best sportsbooks to watch the games include:
- Aria – The Aria offers 90 HD screens, so you’re pretty much guaranteed to have an awesome view of ever dribble, pass, and swoosh.
- Venetian – Featuring one of the most advanced video screens on the continent, you’ll be amazed by the views you’ll be able to get of the games here. There are 118 lavish betting stations, too.
- MGM Grand With 36 65-inch LCD TVs, 24 42-inch plasma TVs, and seating for 104 people, you’ll have front-row seats to the nail-biting games.
- Caesars Palace. At this acclaimed casino, you’ll find six 12-foot by 15-foot screens, 12 50-inch plasma TVs, and a 20-foot by 50-foot LED board for your unobstructed viewing pleasure. There are also 140 sports seats with 12-inch flat screens situated on each table.
- Mirage – Watch the events on the huge 85-foot HD projection screens that offer 4X resolution of 1080p. Talk about an amazing view!
- Westgate -Offering an immense 220-foot by 18-foot 4K video wall and more than 350 seats, you’ll feel as if you are actually at the game when you watch it at Westgate’s sportsbook.
- Circa – The best place hotel to watch and bet on March Madness in Downtown Las Vegas. Be sure to check our Stadium swim while you are there.
March Madness Vegas Viewing Parties and Events in 2022
Las Vegas is the proverbial party paradise, and as you would expect, dozens of viewing parties and events are held throughout the city during March Madness.
View some of the various viewing parties around the strip and all of Vegas below.
Circa Stadium Swim – Mania Under the Sun – Watch Party 2022
Enjoy March Madness hoops while lounging in the sun or in the pool at Circa’s stadium swim.
General admission tickets start at $100 and $20 on the 16th.
Reserve cabanas, day beds, and more as well.
Dates: March 16 – March 20th, 2022, 8 am to 11 pm.
Hoops and Hops at the Cosmopolitan – 2022 Watch Party
Enjoy watching March Madness basketball in a 40,000 sqft viewing lounge at the Cosmopolitan.
Tickets include an open bar (beer, wine, and well liquor). Seating is a first-come first-served basis.
- Location: Belmont Ballroom, level 4 at the Cosmpolitan
- Pricing: $300 on Thursday and Friday and $150 on Saturday
- Tickets and information
Ringer Wings, Pizza, & Sliders Sports Bar – Watch Party
Enjoy March Madness at the Planet Hollywood with reserved seating at Ringer Wings and Sliders.
Two drink tickets are included with paid reserved seating.
- Dates: All March Madness (Starting March 13 through April 4th)
- Pricing: Seating for two starts at $140. Seating for 6 for under $300.
- More Details
Caesars Sportsbook – 2022 Hoops on the Strip Reserved Seating
Reserve your seating at the Caesars Sportsbook.
Seats include 3 free drink tickets.
- Dates: All tournament long: March 15 – April 4th.
- Pricing: Varies on date and location: $75 to $265+.
- Reserve Seating
Stadia Bar – March Madness Watch Party
Reserve your seating at Stadia Bar for March Madness at Caesars Palace.
Get up to $800 beverage credit depending on the type of reserved seating and date.
- Prices: $150 up to $1400+
- Dates: All March Madness (March 15 – April 4, 2022)
- Seating: Tables for 2,4, 10, and Booths for 4 or 10.
- Details and Reservations
Circa Las Vegas Watch Party 2021 (TBD 2022)
Enjoy all the march madness NCAA action starting March 18th.
3 Stories of TVs to watch and bet all the games.
TopGolf – 2022 March Hoops Headquarters
Located near the MGM Grand, TopGolf is a great spot to hit some golf balls and watch the tournament madness. TVs are virtually everywhere you look, and there’s even a pool, so you can take a refreshing plunge if you get too heated!
Watch parties can be reserved for the following days:
- Thursday, March 17
- Friday, March 18
- Saturday, March 19
Get an exclusive seating area.
Full menu and bottle service available.
The Still Brackets and Beers 2022
This iconic sports bar at The Mirage is the ultimate man cave experience with more than 50 craft beers, dozens of cocktails, and 27 different televisions. There’s not a bad seat at The Still, and the food is amazing too and prepared in a refurbished trailer that was abandoned in the backwoods of Tennessee.
The Still at the Mirage is on the casino floor and serves fabulous tacos and burgers, as well as super healthy foods like rice bowls with grilled tuna.
Rockhouse March Mayhem Party 2022
Enjoy March Mayhem at Rockhouse at The Grand Canal Shoppes inside The Venetian.
Premium open bar packages March 16 – April 4th.
Beer Park Tournament Madness Viewing Party
Beer Park is offering a wide variety of seating options from individual seats to big tables with an included food and beverage minimum per person. Watch the NCAA Tournament right on the strip outside Paris hotel and indulge in over 100 beers including 36 beers on tap.
Indoor and outdoor options are available.
- Prices: Prices start at $400 and up to $1,200+ depending on the number of people and type of seating
- Credits: Up to $200 food and beverage credit per person, varies by day
- Dates: March 17 – April 4th
- More Info
March Hoops View Party at The D
The D Las Vegas is hosting March Madness viewing parties with its exclusive Man Caves.
Event details coming soon.
Cabo Wabo March Mayhem 2022 (TBD)
Enjoy March Madness with great food like nachos, wings, and taquitos at Cabo Wabo. Watch the games on several TVs including a 200-inch video grid, a 200 projection screen, and two 80″ HD tvs in their luxury viewing room.
Details coming soon for 2022.
Hoops on the Strip at Montecristo Cigar Bar 2022
Enjoy watching the March Madness festivities with reserved tables, couches, and more at Montecristo Cigar Bar. Price includes drink credit and cigars for your party.
- Location: Montecristo Cigar Bar inside Caesars Palace
- Prices: Starting at $150 per person
- Dates: Starting March 13 through April 4th
- More Info
Hoops on the Strip at Vista Cocktail Lounge 2022
Enjoy watching march madness along with bottle service at Vista Cocktail Lounge.
- Location: Vista Cocktail Lounge inside Caesars Palace
- Prices: Tables starting at $500. Price includes bottle service credit from $300 up to $800.
- Seating: 2,4, or 6 person seating options
- Dates: Starting March 15
- More Info
Westgate Hoops Central 2022
Enjoy college hoops on giant HD screens in a smoke-free environment!
Choose from over 1500 seats with food and drink specials.
- Location: Westgate International Theater
- Prices: Reserved seats for $40
- Dates: March 17 – March 19
- More Info
March Mania at Plaza – TBD
Details for 2021 TBD
Ellis Island Hoops Mania 2022
The brand new Front Yard addition to Ellis Island is where the annual Hoops Mania will be held this year.
Half-day or full-day options are available, and guests will get reserved seating, unlimited food, Ellis Island beer, and select cocktails with the ticket price.
- Location: Ellis Island
- Prices: Starting at $125
- Dates: Starting March 17
- More Info
PBR Rock Bar March Mayhem 2021
One of the biggest viewing parties on the Strip, the PBR Rock Bar party, is at Miracle Mile Shops and offers half and full-day packages that include premium seating, open bar, and food.
- Location: PBR Rock Bar Miracle Mile Shops
- Prices: TBD
- Dates: Starting March 19
- Reserve Spot
SAHARA March Mania Viewing Parties 2021
NCAA Basketball fans can reserve their March Mania experience for the first round, second round, final 16 and final 8 viewings from Friday, March 19 through Tuesday, March 30 at venues throughout the resort including the SAHARA Theatre Lounge, CASBAR Lounge, The Tangier and Paradise Lounge.
There will be plenty of drink and food specials as well.
Pricing starts at $250 per person which goes towards a food and beverage minimum.
Other Top Bars in Vegas to Watch the March Madness Tournament
If you’re not really gambling and you just want to take part in the action, instead of hitting a sportsbook, consider watching the games at a sports bar. You’ll be able to keep tabs on the score, munch on great grub, and wash it down with whatever type of beverage suits your fancy.
The Miracle Mile Shops in Planet Hollywood is where you’ll find one of the best sports bars on the Strip. With more than 60 big-screen TVs, including a massive 12 foot wide one, Blondies always has a game on and offers the best happy hour specials.
There’s also a super cheap lunch and a late-night menu that will satisfy all your cravings.
Experience an Unforgettable March Madness in Las Vegas
Whether you are an avid basketball fan or you are just looking to the ultimate party experience, then heading over to Las Vegas during March Madness is an absolute must. No matter what you do or where you are, you’re bound to have an unforgettable encounter.