Las Vegas is the ultimate destination for anyone who is looking to have an action-packed, unforgettable adventure. For basketball fans, Sin City is the perfect backdrop for an over-the-top March Madness.
If you’re planning a trip to Las Vegas during March Madness and you are wondering how to get the most out of your experience, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll share essential details and tips for enjoying one of the biggest events in basketball – March Madness in Vegas.
Best Vegas Disounts During March Madness
|#1||Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace||55% Off||Get Deal|
|#2||Spice Buffet at Planet Hollywood||37% Off||Get Deal|
|#3||Le Village Buffet at Paris Las Vegas||35% Off||Get Deal|
|#4||Banger Brewing||40% Off||Get Deal|
|#5||Fly LINQ Zipline||20% Off||Get Deal|
March Madness Men’s NCAA Tournament: When Is It?
In 2019, March Madness kicks off on March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day) with Selection Sunday. The dates for other events that are associated with the tournament include
- First Four: March 19 and 20
- 1st/ 2nd Rounds: March 21 – 24
- South Regional: March 28 and 30
- West Regional: March 28 and 30
- East Regional: March 29 and 31
- Midwest Regional: March 29 and 31
- Final Four, National Championship: April 6 and 8
March Madness – What to Expect
The 1st and 2nd Rounds, March 21 through the 24, are the most action-packed in Las Vegas. This is the time when most people flock to the city for March Madness events.
Some expectations to keep in mind:
- Casinos are packed and there will be lots of table action overall.
- Hotel prices will be much higher due to demand, so be sure to book early.
- Nightclubs will have longer lines and be more expensive overall.
- Casino sportsbooks will be packed very early, so if you want a seat get there early!
While the other dates of the tournament aren’t as eventful, the party atmosphere is still pretty impressive; even more so than the norm for Sin City.
During March Madness, Las Vegas turns into a haven for basketball enthusiasts and those who just like to gamble on the game, even if they aren’t avid fans of the sport. In fact, nearly 3 million people plan trips to the city during the month of March just so they can take part in the festivities.
If you happen to be in Vegas a week before, be sure to check out all the St. Patrick’s Day Festivities in Vegas.
March Madness Vegas Tips and Info
Here are some tips and info that will help you prep for your big trip so that you can get the most out of the experience:
- Link up with Social Media. If you want the latest updates on all of the happenings, take to social media. Check out Facebook, where you can find groups that are completely dedicated to March Madness in Las Vegas. Join one of these groups and you’ll have instant access to up-to-the-minute information on the biggest and best activities, live events, and much more. You can even find out the latest updates on the score, goings on at venues, and the wait time for sportsbook counters.
- Be prepared for crowds. There’s really no way to avoid big crowds during the month of March in Las Vegas; particularly during the first week of events. Opening day falls on St Patrick’s Day, which means there will be even more partygoers than you can imagine. Prepare yourself. Know that it’s going to be crowded and establish a plan. Keep tabs with social media to find out the latest details on the best places to watch, place bets, and grab food and drinks. Knowing the best spots to go – particularly if you are traveling with a group – will help you get the most out of the experience.
- Consider going off the Strip. While it’s definitely true that the Strip is THE place to be in Las Vegas any time, including March Madness, it’s not the only place to consider. If you’re trying to avoid crowds, consider heading off of Las Vegas Boulevard. The entire city is enthralled with the tournament, and you should be able to find some pretty awesome and lively (but way less crowded) spots off the Strip.
The Best Sportsbooks to Watch March Madness Games in Vegas
If you’re going to be placing wagers on the game, there’s no doubt that you’re going to want to head over to a sportsbook; and there are plenty to choose from in Las Vegas.
During March Madness, some of the best sportsbooks to watch the games include:
- Aria – The Aria offers 90 HD screens, so you’re pretty much guaranteed to have an awesome view of ever dribble, pass, and swoosh.
- Venetian – Featuring one of the most advanced video screens on the continent, you’ll be amazed by the views you’ll be able to get of the games here. There are 118 lavish betting stations, too.
- MGM Grand With 36 65-inch LCD TVs, 24 42-inch plasma TVs, and seating for 104 people, you’ll have front-row seats to the nail-biting games.
- Caesars Palace. At this acclaimed casino, you’ll find six 12-foot by 15-foot screens, 12 50-inch plasma TVs, and a 20-foot by 50-foot LED board for your unobstructed viewing pleasure. There are also 140 sports seats with 12-inch flat screens situated on each table.
- Mirage – Watch the events on the huge 85-foot HD projection screens that offer 4X resolution of 1080p. Talk about an amazing view!
- Westgate -Offering an immense 220-foot by 18-foot 4K video wall and more than 350 seats, you’ll feel as if you are actually at the game when you watch it at Westgate’s sportsbook.
The Best Bars in Vegas to Watch the March Madness Tournament
If you’re not really gambling and you just want to take part in the action, instead of hitting a sportsbook, consider watching the games at a sports bar. You’ll be able to keep tabs on the score, munch on great grub, and wash it down with whatever type of beverage suits your fancy.
Located near the MGM Grand, TopGolf is a great spot to hit some golf balls and watch the tournament madness. TVs are virtually everywhere you look, and there’s even a pool, so you can take a refreshing plunge if you get too heated!
Las Vegas takes everything to the extreme, and Lagasse’s Stadium takes the sport’s bar to the next level. Immense TV screens are situated around the entire perimeter of the restaurant. You can also place bets at the sportsbook that’s located right on-site. VIP private suites are also available, and a menu filled with all of the Emeril Lagasse you can imagine.
Umami Burger, Beer Garden and Sports Book
With more than 50 TVs, enough beer to bathe in, and some of the tastiest bar grub that Vegas has to offer, this is a great spot to catch the NCAA tournament. They are also offering a viewing party, more details here.
AmeriCAN Beer Bar
During the first four days of the tournament, AmeriCAN hosts a viewing party. There are dozens of screens, and as the name suggests, there’s a plethora of beer; in cans, of course!
Hoops and Hops at Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Offering the ultimate “man cave” atmosphere, Hoops and Hops. It offers luxurious seating, tons of screens, and plenty of space to stretch out. There’s an extensive menu of food and drinks, and other fun activities – outside of basketball – to enjoy
TAP Sports Bar at MGM Grand
If you consider yourself a beer aficionado and you want to check out the game, the Tap Sports Bar is the perfect spot for you during March Madness. They offer more than 60 TVs, offer a variety of food and drinks as you are surrounded with sports memorabilia from some of the best athletes.
March Madness Vegas Viewing Parties and Events in 2019
Las Vegas is the proverbial party paradise, and as you would expect, dozens of viewing parties and events are held throughout the city during March Madness.
View some of the various viewing parties around the strip and all of Vegas below.
Draft Party USA – Top Golf March Madness Viewing Party
1st Annual March Madness VIP Viewing Party hosted by Draft Party USA at Top Golf in Las Vegas. There will be several HD TVs and a huge projection TV with the NCAA tournament on. Viewing party includes unlimited soda / iced tea / lemonade served throughout duration of the day, Coffee, mimosas and pastries, lunch appetizers,3 hour open bar, and dinner buffet.
- Location: TopGolf Las Vegas – 1st floor, indoor event space
- Prices: $249 per person
- Dates: March 21, doors open at 9:00 am
- Get Tickets and More Info
Rockhouse March Madness Packages
Full and half day watch party packages. Package includes open bar plus guaranteed seating.
- Prices: Prices are $150+ for half day watch tickets and $240+ full day tickets
- Dates: March 21 – March 24th starting at 8:00am
- More Info
Beer Park Tournament Madness Viewing Party
Beer Park is offering a wide variety of seating options from individual seats to big tables with an included food and beverage minimum per person. Watch the NCAA Tournament right on the strip outside Paris hotel and indulge in over 100 beers including 36 beers on tap.
- Prices: Prices starting at $175 and up to $1000+ depending on number of people and type of seating
- Dates: March 19 – April 8th
- More Info
The Still Brackets and Beers Event
Catch all the March Madness action at all the The Still’s Bracket and Beers Events. Enjoy the tournament on 27+ tvs and drink from a selection of 50+ craft beers.
- Location: The Still inside Mirage
- Prices: Round 1 – $125 F&B Minimum per session, $250 F&B Minimum all day, Round 2 – $100 F&B Minimum per session / $200 F&B Minimum all day
- Dates: All tournament long, starting March 21
- More Info
March Hoops View Party at The D
The D Las Vegas is hosting March Madness viewing parties with its exclusive Man Caves. Each Man Cave Equipped with 4 – 70″ HD TVs with All-You-Can-Eat Stadium-Style Food And Beverage Service. Free high speed internet and easy access to live sports betting are just steps away.
- Location: The D Casino in Downtown Vegas
- Prices:$175 Per Person Man Cave Rental – 6 Person Minimum
- Dates: March 21-24
- More Info
Cabo Wabo March Mayhem
Enjoy March Madness with great food like nachos, wings, and taquitos at Cabo Wabo. Watch the games on several TVs including a 200-inch video grid, a 200 projection screen, and two 80″ HD tvs in their luxury viewing room.
- Location:Cabo Wabo Cantina on the Las Vegas Strip
- Prices:$75 Food and Beverage minimum
- Dates: March 19-April 10th
- More Info
Hoops on the Strip at Montecristo Cigar Bar
Enjoy watching the March Madness festivities with reserved tables, couches, and more at Montecristo Cigar Bar. Price includes drink credit and cigars your party.
- Location: Montecristo Cigar Bar inside Caesars Palace
- Prices: Starting at $239 per person
- Dates: Starting March 21
- More Info
Hoops on the Strip at Vista Cocktail Lounge
Enjoy watching march madness in family style seating with open bar and access to the all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Location: Vista Cocktail Lounge inside Caesars Palace
- Prices: Starting at $250
- Dates: Starting March 21
- More Info
Tournament Viewing Party at Hard Rock
Watch the tournament at Vinyl at Hard Rock hotel in Vegas with open bar package.
- Location: Vinyl inside Hard Rock Hotel
- Prices: Starting at $135
- Dates: March 21-23
- More Info
Experience an Unforgettable March Madness in Las Vegas
Whether you are an avid basketball fan or you are just looking to the ultimate party experience, then heading over to Las Vegas during March Madness is an absolute must. No matter what you do or where you, you’re pound to have an unforgettable encounter.