Vegas may be known for its hot summers, booming nightlife, and the ring of slot machines, but there’s far more depth to the city than many know. That’s most evident as we enter into December and sneak toward winter and a full schedule of experiences
December in Las Vegas is not short on things for tourists and locals to enjoy. From stage productions to quaint delights around town, it’s easy to fill a calendar.
To help travelers prepare for their December vacation or their holiday stay, we’ve provided a breakdown of the events, shows, concerts, and scattered things you’ll want to try and do during your December trip to Las Vegas.
Spotlight Holiday Shows
It wouldn’t be a December in Vegas if many of the city’s stages, arenas, and event spaces weren’t dishing out premium holiday entertainment.
The following concerts and productions will blend icons of Vegas or pop culture with a touch of Christmas magic.
Barry Manilow: A Very Barry Christmas
Venue: International Theater @ Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino
Running throughout December, Barry Manilow graces the stage of the International Theater at the Westgate Las Vegas for an evening of soothing and energetic holiday melodies from the man of the hour.
Manilow’s holiday production extends his Westgate residency, which is already slated to run into 2023.
Alice in Winter Wonderland
Venue: Athena Showlounge @ Alexis Park All Suite Resort
Take a trip down the rabbit hole and join Alice and familiar characters from the classic Lewis Carroll fable for a holiday adventure like no other. Told through puppets built by DLux Entertainment, Alice in Winter Wonderland features a catchy soundtrack of holiday hits that frame this seasonal retelling of Alice’s encounters with the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter, the Red Queen, and more.
Tournament of Kings: ‘Twas the Knight
Venue: Tournament of Kings Arena @ Excalibur Hotel & Casino
A Las Vegas staple rings in some holiday cheer with a medieval Christmas unlike any other. Gather your family and friends to dine on a full menu, complete with dietary-conscious options.
Amidst the wintry and seasonal decor, the classic Tournament of Kings show unfolds, providing guests with nonstop thrills, iconic Christmas songs with a twist, audience interaction, and more. There’s something for everyone as swords clash, fires roar, and the spirit of the season comes to life.
Nevada Ballet Theater Presents The Nutcracker
Venue: Reynolds Hall @ The Smith Center for the Performing Arts
The holiday season isn’t complete without a performance of E. T. A. Hoffman’s The Nutcracker. Brought to life in stunning detail, this seasonal spectacle features choreography by James Canfield that tells the story of Clara and her charming Prince.
Select performances will feature a live orchestra to immerse the audience in the timeless Christmas classic.
Las Vegas December’s Concerts
It may be the holiday season, but that doesn’t mean everything is Christmas-themed. Quite a few notable concerts are hitting the Strip and beyond to provide a month’s worth of entertainment without causing holiday overload.
The following concerts represent an assortment of highly anticipated musical acts spanning various genres.
- Venue: The Colosseum @ Caesars Palace
- Dates: December 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th, & 31st
- Time: 10:00 PM (12:00 AM on New Year’s Eve)
An Evening with Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Venue: The Theater @ Virgin Hotels Las Vegas
- Dates: December 9th & 10th
- Time: 8:00 PM
Miranda Lambert: Velvet Rodeo
- Venue: Zappos Theater @ Planet Hollywood
- Dates: December 3rd, 4th, 8th, 10th, & 11th
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Venue: Venetian Theatre @ the Venetian Las Vegas
- Dates: December 3rd, 4th, 7th, 9th, & 10th
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Venue: The Theater @ Virgin Hotels Las Vegas
- Dates: December 30th & 31st
- Time: 9:00 PM & 10:00 PM
Things to Do in Vegas This December
If concerts or big holiday productions aren’t quite your thing, there’s still plenty to enjoy in Las Vegas that isn’t gambling or partying.
Related: Las Vegas free and cheap things to do
With the Allegiant Stadium tucked behind Mandalay Bay, you can catch one of the Raider’s two games of the month. Be sure to plan ahead, because parking and getting to the stadium can be difficult.
- Raiders vs. Los Angeles Chargers – Dec. 4th
- Raiders vs. New England Patriots – Dec. 18th
The holidays are a pretty big time in Vegas, and you’ll get a taste of just how big at any of these attractions and experiences found scattered around town:
- The Immersive Nutcracker: A Winter Miracle
- Bellagio Conservatory
- Winter Wonderland Display @ Aria
- The Holiday Experience @ The Park
- Glittering Lights Drive-Thru Light Show @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Ice Skating Atop the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Of course, the biggest event of the year is New Year’s Eve, and on December 31st, Las Vegas Boulevard is closed to cars and open to a wave of foot traffic.
It’s the day you need to plan for, as you’ll pretty much be stuck on the Strip well into January 1st.
But it’s worth it as you mingle with fellow partiers, catch live music, and stay for the midnight fireworks display.
There’s nothing quite like a December in Las Vegas, and by checking out any of these events, concerts, and shows, you’re sure to fill your schedule up quickly.
Magic and Comedy shows in Vegas during December
- Mike Hammer Comedy Magic at Four Queens
- Piff the Magic Dragon Show at Flaming
- LA Comedy Club at The STRAT Hotel
- Nathan Burton Comedy Magic at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
- Tape Face at Harrah’s
- Gregory Popovich’s Comedy Pet Theater at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
- Rich Little at Tropicana Las Vegas
- The Mentalist at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
- Laugh Factory at Tropicana Las Vegas
- Terry Fator: Who’s the Dummy Now at New York – New York
- Murray the Magician at Tropicana Las Vegas
- Carrot Top at Luxor
- Las Vegas Live Comedy Club at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
- Delirious Comedy Club at The Downtown Grand Casino and Hotel
- Jokesters Comedy Club at Alexis Park All Suite Resort
- David Copperfield at MGM Grand
- Mat Franco at the LINQ Hotel
- Penn and Teller at Rio
- Criss Angel MINDFREAK at Planet Hollywood
- Amazing Magic with Tommy Wind at Alexis Park All Suite Resort
- Xavier Mortimer: The Dream Maker at The Strat
- Potted Potter at Horseshoe
Vegas Productions shows in December
- Jabbawockeez at MGM Grand
- Extravaganza at Horseshoe
- Mystere at TI
- MJ One at Mandalay Bay
- The Beatles Love at Mirage
- Blue Man Group
- O by Cirque du Solei at Bellagio
Vegas Adult Shows in December 2022
If you are looking for Adults entertainment and Burlesque style shows, check out:
- Fantasy at Luxor
- Aussie Heat at Mosaic on the Strip
- X Country at Harrah’s
- X Burlesque at Flamingo
- Zombie Burlesque at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
- BurlesQ at Alexis Park All Suite Resort
- Late Night Magic at Alexis Park All Suite Resort
- Australia’s Thunder from Down Under at Excalibur
- Liquid Drag Brunch at Treasure Island
- Rock Candy: Male Revue at Alexis Park All Suite Resort
- Striper 101 at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
Recommended Attractions to Visit in December
Here are some great things to do and attractions to visit in December:
- Big Bus Tours
- Blackout Dining in the Dark
- Exotics Racing
- Pole Position Raceway
- Dream Racing
- Grand Canyon West Rim Tour
- Rio Zipline
- Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart (Get Tickets)
- Las Vegas ATV tours
- Fly LINQ
- High Roller
- Marvel Avengers Station Interactive Exhibit at Treasure Island
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
- The Official SAW Escape
- The Hunger Games the Exhibition at MGM Grand
- Real Bodies at Horseshoe
- The Strat Thrill Rides
- Eiffel Tower Viewing Experience
- Titanic Artifact Exhibit at Luxor
- Mob Museum
December Nightlife Events
Get tickets and book VIP entry to upcoming events in December. Get tickets early for NYE events.